Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A few of my favorite things...

I am a total sucker for grooming products. I used to work for a salon that got a lot of stylist gratis (free stuff) and that got to take returns and damages home, so that stuff piles up FAST. Fast-forward 8 years and I've tried A LOT of stuff. I'll tell you about just a few today, that way I have more to say later! :D

Volumizing products:

Goldwell Dualsenses Ultra Volume Shampoo and Conditioner
Good stuff! A bit pricey retail, but very volumizing. Definitely not color-safe, it'll make your hair "bleed" like crazy. I like this one for special occasions that require "big hair."

Redken 08 aerate Cream-mousse
This was a free gift from a Facebook page, and I love it. It comes in a jar, so you have to use your hands to apply. That doesn't bug me, but it may bug you; in which case, a spray-in volumizer may make you happier. I use a dime-size glob, emulsify(rub in between your hands), distribute it evenly on damp hair that needs the fluffy (for me, that is the top/crown area) and blowdry.

Paul Mitchell Thicken Up
This is a liquid in a pump-style container. It smells like fruit flavoring to me, lol! :) One or two pumps into your hands, emulsify (rub in between your hands) and distribute to damp hair, blowdry.

Kenra Volume Spray 25
Smells like perfume... :) I spray this in light layers on a dry, finished style, letting each layer dry before applying the next.

What are some of your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. Kenra shine spray, Brocatto Cloud 9 blow dry lotion, Brocatto Saturate leave in conditioner, Ion protein reconstructor. I really like Pureology shampoo and conditioner, but it's so expensive. Any suggestions for affordable sulfate free shampoo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, good faves! I like the Kenra shine spray too, it smells so good... L'Oreal recently bought Pureology, and promptly released a copycat called EverPure that's available in drugstores and health/beauty departments. My mom snagged a sample, and really liked it! It's sulfate free, and may even be vegan too.

    ReplyDelete