Sunday, October 7, 2012

Shampoo is an ongoing struggle!

My name is Jennifer, and I have too many shampoos. *Hi, Jennifer...*

In my own defense, I have had a heck of a time keeping my hair from getting greasy and gross-looking since this last color job, my ol' standby Paul Mitchell color care wasn't cutting it... I may need to lay off permanent color for a bit, or at least nothing above 10 volume for a while... Anyway, I have been trying to be good and use color safe shampoo. I bought some Scruples Renewal Color Retention Shampoo and Conditioner the last time I went to the supply store and gave it a go Friday night.


The smell is very reminiscent of going to the salon when I was a kid (late 80's-early 90's), so pleasant associations there. It lathers all right, rinses clean fairly easily, and the conditioner is light and moisturizing. Perhaps it is a bit too light for someone with more significant dryness, but it's okay for me. It left my hair fairly bouncy, which is a plus. Today is Sunday, so it's been a solid 2 days and I am just starting to show signs of greasiness. I'll definitely keep using this.

Update on ExquisiteOil: I tried it again last Thursday with lukewarm results. Still left hair feeling rough and lifeless.

Up next: Sebastian Trilliant shampoo and conditioner!

No comments:

Post a Comment